Originally designed for its
Enterprise Solutions sales force, the Quovera Sales
Compensation Plan was so successful; Nortel rolled
it out across all lines of business around the globe.
- Increase sales productivity
- Decrease account manager turnover
- Improve sales credit assignment
- Provide better sales compensation
- Reduce or eliminate "surprise"
sales compensation GL accrual
- Optimize sales credit assignments
For Nortel, the acquisition of
Bay Networks compounded an already complex and confusing
sales compensation program. Sales productivity was
off 25% and account manager retention had become a
huge problem. Multiple lines of business and intersecting
service offerings made defining sales territories
and hierarchies difficult. The initiative called for
a deep understanding of Internetworking sales and
a successful track record with CRM applications.
As a result of the Quovera
- Sales productivity increased
- Significantly improved
account manager retention
- Eliminated $30M in "surprise"
- Achieved an unprecedented
99% accuracy rate in commission calculations
- Defined sales territories
and automated sales credit assignments down to zip
- Began a worldwide rollout
of the program, 12 months after the initial phase